Filter by Application:WB P Reset
|Rabbit anti Human CD54 antibody recognizes human CD54, otherwise known as intercellular adhesion molecule 1 or ICAM-1. CD54 is a 532 amino acid single pass type I membrane glycoprotein containing five Ig-like C2-type domains. CD54 is widely expressed and acts as a ligand for the leukocyte integrin LFA-1 (CD11a/CD18) and Mac-1 integrins, it is the major receptor for human rhinovirus (Staunton et al. 1989).
CD54 is highly expressed on activated endothelial cells (Favoloro 1993) and plays a role in transendothelial cell migration to sites of acute inflammation, functioning primarily as an adhesion molecule between endothelial cells and leucocytes, following injury or stress (Manes and Pober 2011). Levels of soluble CD54 in serum (Matalliotakis et al. 2001) or urine (Kim et al. 2006) can be potentially used as an indication of infection, inflammation and certain tumors, and as a target for immunosuppression in transplantation.
Rabbit anti Human CD54 antibody recognizes human CD54 as a single band of ~92 kDa in Raji cell line lysates by western blotting under reducing conditions.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti CD54 antibody detects a band of approximately 92 kDa in Raji cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3).
- Recombinant human CD54
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.5 mg/ml
- For research purposes only.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
References for CD54 antibody
Nadlonek, N.A. et al. (2012) Radiation induces osteogenesis in human aortic valve interstitial cells.
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 144 (6): 1466-70.
Watson, R.L. et al. (2015) Endothelial CD99 signals through soluble adenylyl cyclase and PKA to regulate leukocyte transendothelial migration.
J Exp Med. 212 (7): 1021-41.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0007157 heterophilic cell-cell adhesion
- GO:0001910 regulation of leukocyte mediated cytotoxicity
- GO:0002291 T cell activation via T cell receptor contact with antigen bound to MHC molecule on antigen presenting cell
- GO:0002693 positive regulation of cellular extravasation
- GO:0004888 transmembrane receptor activity
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0005178 integrin binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0007159 leukocyte cell-cell adhesion
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0022614 membrane to membrane docking
- GO:0046813 virion attachment, binding of host cell surface receptor
- GO:0050776 regulation of immune response
- GO:0050900 leukocyte migration
- GO:0051856 adhesion to symbiont
- GO:0060333 interferon-gamma-mediated signaling pathway
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up