Goat anti Human CD44v3-v10 antibody
recognizes epitopes encoded by exons v3-v10 on the variant portion of human CD44.
CD44 is a ubiquitously expressed type 1 transmembrane glycoprotein and proteoglycan, otherwise known as phagocytic glycoprotein 1 (pgp 1), acting as a receptor for the major extracellular matrix component hyaluronate, and also binds other ligands including collagen and matrix metalloproteinases (Miletti-González et al. 2012
CD44 plays a role in cell-cell interactions, cell adhesion, the activation and homing of lymphocytes, cell migration, haematopoiesis and metastasis, and exists as a number of isoforms generated by the alternative RNA splicing of at least 10 variant exons (Tanabe et al. 1993
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human CD44v3-v10 was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant human CD44v3-v10
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD44v3-v10 antibody
|Immunohistology - Frozen
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Breast carcinoma and colon adenocarcinoma
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for CD44v3-v10 antibody
Zhang D et al. (2015) Screening and Identification of a Phage Display Derived Peptide That Specifically Binds to the CD44 Protein Region Encoded by Variable Exons.
J Biomol Screen. pii: 1087057115608604.