Goat anti Human CD289 antibody recognises an epitope within the N-terminal (NT) region of CD289, otherwise known as Toll-like receptor 9 (TLR9), a type I transmembrane glycoprotein and member of the toll-like receptor family, which triggers MyD88 and TRAF6, resulting in NF-kappaB activation, cytokine secretion and the inflammatory response. CD289 acts as a receptor for unmethylated cytidine-phosphate-guanosine dinucleotides in bacterial DNA (CpG-DNA), playing a primary role in pathogen recognition and activation of innate immunity. Goat anti Human CD289 antibody is suitable for use in immunocytochemistry on acetone fixed cells.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human CD289 (NT) was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide SLKYNNLTVVPRNLPSSLEYLLLSYNRIVKL corresponding to amino acids 205-235 within the N-terminal domain of human CD289.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Q9NR96 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- TLR9 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0002237 response to molecule of bacterial origin
- GO:0042742 defense response to bacterium
- GO:0005764 lysosome
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0004888 transmembrane receptor activity
- GO:0005149 interleukin-1 receptor binding
- GO:0005789 endoplasmic reticulum membrane
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0007252 I-kappaB phosphorylation
- GO:0008286 insulin receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0008543 fibroblast growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0010008 endosome membrane
- GO:0010552 positive regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0016323 basolateral plasma membrane
- GO:0016324 apical plasma membrane
- GO:0030277 maintenance of gastrointestinal epithelium
- GO:0032009 early phagosome
- GO:0032088 negative regulation of NF-kappaB transcription factor activity
- GO:0032715 negative regulation of interleukin-6 production
- GO:0032717 negative regulation of interleukin-8 production
- GO:0032722 positive regulation of chemokine production
- GO:0032728 positive regulation of interferon-beta production
- GO:0032733 positive regulation of interleukin-10 production
- GO:0032735 positive regulation of interleukin-12 production
- GO:0032741 positive regulation of interleukin-18 production
- GO:0032755 positive regulation of interleukin-6 production
- GO:0032757 positive regulation of interleukin-8 production
- GO:0032760 positive regulation of tumor necrosis factor production
- GO:0034122 negative regulation of toll-like receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0034123 positive regulation of toll-like receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0035197 siRNA binding
- GO:0042346 positive regulation of NF-kappaB import into nucleus
- GO:0043123 positive regulation of I-kappaB kinase/NF-kappaB cascade
- GO:0043507 positive regulation of JUN kinase activity
- GO:0045078 positive regulation of interferon-gamma biosynthetic process
- GO:0045087 innate immune response
- GO:0045356 positive regulation of interferon-alpha biosynthetic process
- GO:0045359 positive regulation of interferon-beta biosynthetic process
- GO:0046330 positive regulation of JNK cascade
- GO:0050729 positive regulation of inflammatory response
- GO:0051092 positive regulation of NF-kappaB transcription factor activity
- GO:0051770 positive regulation of nitric-oxide synthase biosynthetic process
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD289 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1:250|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Spleen or tonsil
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR122F||1 mg||F|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR122P||1 mg||C E WB|