Rabbit anti Human CD271 antibody recognizes CD271, a transmembrane protein of ~70-75 kDa, otherwise known as Nerve Growth Factor Receptor (NGFR). It is a pro-apoptotic member of the tumour necrosis factor receptor (TNFR) family and its ligands include NGF, brain derived growth neurotrophic factor (BDNF), NT3 and NT4. CD271 has been shown to interact with tropomyosin-receptor-kinase A (TrkA) forming the high-affinity NGF receptor, while CD271 can signal alone, constituting the low-affinity NGF receptor. When signaling alone, CD271 is involved in apoptosis, neurite outgrowth during development and myelination. Mutations and changes in CD271 expression have been implicated in various pathological diseases including Alzheimer’s Disease, cerebral oedema and retinoblastoma.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to CD271 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Recombinant human CD271
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to plasma membrane
induction of apoptosis by extracellular signals
membrane protein intracellular domain proteolysis
negative regulation of cell cycle
nerve growth factor receptor signaling pathway
negative regulation of axonogenesis
positive regulation of axonogenesis
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD271 antibody
|Immunohistology - Frozen
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1014 detects a band of approximately 75-80kDa in A-20 cell lysate.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra