Goat anti Human CD262 antibody recognizes CD262, otherwise known as DR5/TRAIL-R2, a broadly expressed death domain containing receptor and member of the TNF-receptor superfamily, which acts as a mediator for CD253/TRAIL induced apoptosis in a variety of tumor and transformed cells, but not in normal cells. Expression of CD262 is regulated by tumor suppressor p53, and CD262 is highly expressed by tumour cell lines. Studies suggest that the death domain containing adaptor protein FADD, is required for CD262-mediated apoptosis, and that FADD recruits caspase-8 to the activated receptor. Goat anti Human CD262 antibody is suitable for use in immunocytochemistry.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human CD262 was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Synthetic peptide APQQKRSSPSEGLCPPGHHISEDGRDC corresponding to amino acids 68-94 of the extracellular domain of human CD262.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to membrane
activation of caspase activity
cell surface receptor linked signaling pathway
activation of NF-kappaB-inducing kinase activity
induction of apoptosis via death domain receptors
activation of pro-apoptotic gene products
caspase activator activity
positive regulation of I-kappaB kinase/NF-kappaB cascade
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD262 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
- This product is suitable for use in indirect ELISA applications.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available