Rabbit anti Human CD253 antibody
recognizes the ~32 kDa apoptosis related protein designated TRAIL (TNF-related apoptosis-inducing ligand) CD253 also known as TRAIL. CD253 is a type II membrane protein expressed in a variety of tissues. Receptors for TRAIL have been identified and termed DR4 and DR5 (Griffith and Lynch 1998
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to CD253 (TRAIL) were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Peptide from C-terminus of human CD253 (TRAIL).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to plasma membrane
tumor necrosis factor receptor binding
metal ion binding
activation of caspase activity
induction of apoptosis by extracellular signals
activation of pro-apoptotic gene products
positive regulation of I-kappaB kinase/NF-kappaB cascade
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD253 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1 This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Wiley, S.R. et al. (1995) Identification and characterization of a new member of the TNF family that induces apoptosis.
Immunity. 3 (6): 673-82.
Pitti, R.M. et al. (1996) Induction of apoptosis by Apo-2 ligand, a new member of the tumor necrosis factor cytokine family.
J Biol Chem. 271 (22): 12687-90.