Rabbit anti Human CD253 antibody recognizes human Tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 10 otherwise known as TRAIL, CD253 or Apo2L. CD253 is a 281 amino acid type II transmembrane glycoprotein and member of the tumour necrosis factor superfamily, which induces apoptosis in tumour and transformed cells, but not normal cells.
Activation of apoptosis by CD253 occurs through binding to the death-signaling receptors DR4 (TRAILR1) and DR5 (TRAILR2), leading to formation of the death-inducing signaling complex (DISC) and the triggering of a proteolytic caspase cascade. There are however decoy receptors known as DcR1 (TRAILR3) and DcR2 (TRAILR4) which competitively bind to CD253 and are unable to initiate apoptosis.
CD253 also plays a role in immune surveillance, acting as a mediator of monocyte, NK cell, dendritic cell and T cell anti-tumour and anti-viral cytotoxicity.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
N.B. For functional studies do not add sodium azide
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human CD253 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography against immobilized antigen.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Recombinant human CD253 (PHP125)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml after reconstitution.
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of reconstitution.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to plasma membrane
tumor necrosis factor receptor binding
metal ion binding
activation of caspase activity
induction of apoptosis by extracellular signals
activation of pro-apoptotic gene products
positive regulation of I-kappaB kinase/NF-kappaB cascade
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD253 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Metastatic carcinoma of lymph node from breast tissue
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available