Goat anti Human CD204 antibody recognizes the ~75 kDa membrane glycoprotein human macrophage scavenger receptor (MSR) type 1. MSR1 has been shown to be expressed on microglia and mato cells of the brain but not astrocytes or neurons.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Serum - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human scavenger receptor 1 were raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to aa 325-342 of human MSR1
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P21757 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- MSR1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005044 scavenger receptor activity
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0006898 receptor-mediated endocytosis
- GO:0010744 positive regulation of macrophage derived foam cell differentiation
- GO:0010886 positive regulation of cholesterol storage
- GO:0030169 low-density lipoprotein particle binding
- GO:0030301 cholesterol transport
- GO:0034362 low-density lipoprotein particle
- GO:0034381 plasma lipoprotein particle clearance
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD204 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin||1/200|
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- This product does not require protein digestion pre-treatment of paraffin sections. This product does not require antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)