Goat anti Human CD196 antibody recognizes human CD196, otherwise known as CCR6 (C-C chemokine receptor type 6), a transmembrane glycoprotein and member of the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family, which acts as a specific receptor for the C-C chemokine LARC (Liver and activation-regulated chemokine)/MIP-3alpha, a selective chemoattractant which induces calcium flux in CD196-expressing lymphocytes.
CD196 is preferentially expressed by B cells, memory T cells and immature dendritic cells and plays an important role in B lineage maturation and antigen-driven B cell differentiation. CD196 acts as a co-receptor for HIV1 infection, and is selectively expressed by mucosa-associated non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, making the interaction between CD196 and LARC a potential therapeutic target in these malignancies.
Goat anti Human CD196 antibody cross-reacts with mouse CD196, where linear epitopes are accessible.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human CD196 was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Synthetic peptide YFVSVNTSYYSVDSEMLLCSLQEVRQFSR corresponding to amino acids 18-46 of human CD196.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to membrane
C-C chemokine receptor activity
integral to plasma membrane
cellular component movement
humoral immune response
cellular defense response
elevation of cytosolic calcium ion concentration
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD196 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- This product is suitable for use in indirect ELISA applications.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra