Goat anti Human CD192 antibody recognizes an epitope within the N-terminal (NT) region of human CD192, otherwise known as CCR2 (C-C chemokine receptor type 2), a transmembrane glycoprotein and member of the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family, which acts as a receptor for the chemokines MCP-1 (monocyte chemoattractant protein 1), MCP-3 and MCP-4.
Interaction between CD192 and MCP-1 initiates chemotactic responses, through an increase in intracellular calcium levels. CD192 acts as a co-receptor with CD4 for HIV1 infection, and variations in CD192 are associated with relative resistance to HIV1.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human CD192 (NT) was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Synthetic peptide C-GEEVTTFFDYDYGAPCHKFDVKQ corresponding to amino acids 17-39 within the N-terminal region of human CD192.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to plasma membrane
cellular defense response
negative regulation of adenylate cyclase activity
elevation of cytosolic calcium ion concentration
C-C chemokine receptor activity
cytokine-mediated signaling pathway
CCR2 chemokine receptor binding
interspecies interaction between organisms
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD192 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- This product is suitable for use in indirect ELISA applications.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra