Goat anti Human CD184 / CXCR4 antibody recognises an epitope within the N-terminal (NT) region of human CD184, otherwise known as CXCR4 (C-X-C chemokine receptor type 4), a transmembrane glycoprotein and member of the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family, ubiquitously expressed in blood and tissue cells, which acts as a specific receptor for the chemokine SDF-1 (Stromal cell-derived factor 1).
Interaction of CD184 with SDF-1 mediates the chemotaxis of progenitor and mature blood cells, and is critical for B- lymphopoiesis and myelopoiesis. CD184 is a major co-receptor for infection by T-cell tropic strains of HIV1, and also a primary receptor for some HIV2 isolates.
This Goat anti Human CD184 / CXCR4 antibody is reported as being suitable for use in immunofluorescence studies.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human CD184 / CXCR4 (NT) was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Synthetic peptide TEEMGSGDYDSMKEPCFREENANFNKC corresponding to amino acids 17-43 within the N-terminal region of human CD184 / CXCR4.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
epithelial cell development
integral to membrane
C-C chemokine receptor activity
C-X-C chemokine receptor activity
telencephalon cell migration
regulation of programmed cell death
regulation of chemotaxis
regulation of calcium ion transport
cardiac muscle contraction
activation of MAPK activity
response to hypoxia
response to virus
elevation of cytosolic calcium ion concentration
cytoplasmic membrane-bounded vesicle
initiation of viral infection
entry into host cell
cell leading edge
ubiquitin protein ligase binding
myosin light chain binding
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD184 / CXCR4 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra