Goat anti Human CD154 antibody recognizes the soluble form of human CD154, also designated CD40L (sCD40 Ligand), a member of the TNF receptor superfamily, comprising the full-length of the TNF homologous region of CD154.
CD154 is expressed predominantly on activated CD4+ T lymphocytes, and acts as a costimulatory molecule in B cell differentiation/proliferation, immunoglobulin switching and germinal centre formation, through interaction with the CD40 receptor on B cells, and cytokines secreted by activated T cells.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human CD154 were raised by repeated immunisations of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present.
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant human CD154
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml after reconstitution
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20°C.
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to plasma membrane
tumor necrosis factor receptor binding
CD40 receptor binding
leukocyte cell-cell adhesion
positive regulation of interleukin-12 production
B cell proliferation
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD154 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Purified goat anti human CD154 may be used in indirect ELISA with recombinant human CD154 (PHP126) as the standard.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human cervical squamous cell carcinoma
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Hollenbaugh, D. et al. (1992) The human T cell antigen gp39, a member of the TNF gene family, is a ligand for the CD40 receptor: expression of a soluble form of gp39 with B cell co-stimulatory activity.
EMBO J. 11 (12): 4313-21.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra