Rabbit anti Human CD136 antibody detects CD136, a receptor tyrosine kinase also known as Macrophage stimulating 1 receptor (MST1R) and RON (Recepteur d’origine nantais). CD136 is a member of the MET proto-oncogene family, and is the receptor for macrophage-stimulating protein (MSP), a multifunctional cytokine that regulates cell adhesion, motility, growth, and survival.
CD136 is a disulfide-linked ~180 kDa heterodimer composed of a 40 kDa alpha chain and a 150 kDa beta chain, and is mainly expressed in cells of epithelial origin. In immune cells CD136 expression is restricted to certain types of tissue macrophages, and its activation is critical in modulating macrophage activities and preventing an excessive inflammatory response. CD136 is also required for embryonic development.
CD136 expression is significantly altered in several primary human cancers including those of the breast and colon.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human CD136 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Synthetic peptide: internal domain of human CD136, conjugated to keyhole limpet hemocyanin.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptor activity
transmembrane receptor protein tyrosine kinase signaling pathway
integral to plasma membrane
cellular component movement
multicellular organismal development
positive regulation of cell proliferation
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD136 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Colon, surface epithelium.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Wang, M.H. et al. (2002) Macrophage-stimulating protein and RON receptor tyrosine kinase: potential regulators of macrophage inflammatory activities.
Scand J Immunol. 56 (6): 545-53.