CCT Alpha antibody
Goat anti CCT Alpha
CCT alpha antibody recognizes T-complex protein 1 subunit alpha, also known as TCP-1-alpha. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
CCT alpha, encoded by the TCP1 gene, is a molecular chaperone that is a member of the chaperonin containing TCP1 complex (CCT), also known as the TCP1 ring complex (TRiC). This complex consists of two identical stacked rings, each containing eight different proteins. Unfolded polypeptides enter the central cavity of the complex and are folded in an ATP-dependent manner. The complex folds various proteins, including actin and tubulin. Alternate transcriptional splice variants of TCP1, encoding different isoforms, have been characterized. In addition, three pseudogenes that appear to be derived from TCP1 have been found (provided by RefSeq, Jun 2010).
Goat anti Human CCT alpha antibody detects a band of 60 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti CCT alpha detects a band of approximately 60 kDa in K562 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Goat polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3) 0.5 % BSA
- Peptide with the sequence C-SYEDAVHSGALND, from the C Terminus of the protein sequence.
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P17987 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- TCP1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0051082 unfolded protein binding
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005794 Golgi apparatus
- GO:0007021 tubulin complex assembly
- GO:0030054 cell junction
- GO:0051084 'de novo' posttranslational protein folding
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of CCT Alpha antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||1 ml||C E P WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.