The CBX5 gene encodes a highly conserved nonhistone protein, a member of the heterochromatin protein family. The protein is enriched in the heterochromatin and associated with centromeres. The protein has a single N-terminal chromodomain which can bind to histone proteins via methylated lysine residues, and a C-terminal chromo shadow-domain (CSD) which is responsible for the homodimerization and interaction with a number of chromatin-associated nonhistone proteins. The encoded product is involved in the formation of functional kinetochore through interaction with essential kinetochore proteins. The gene has a pseudogene located on chromosome 3. Multiple alternatively spliced variants, encoding the same protein, have been identified (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human CBX5 antibody detects a band of 26 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti CBX5 detects a band of approximately 26 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of human CBX5
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000118 histone deacetylase complex
- GO:0006333 chromatin assembly or disassembly
- GO:0030674 protein binding, bridging
- GO:0007596 blood coagulation
- GO:0005635 nuclear envelope
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0005730 nucleolus
- GO:0016565 general transcriptional repressor activity
- GO:0017053 transcriptional repressor complex
- GO:0031618 nuclear centromeric heterochromatin
- GO:0035064 methylated histone residue binding
- GO:0035097 histone methyltransferase complex
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0070491 repressing transcription factor binding
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only.
Applications of CBX5 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|