At the nuclear envelope, the nuclear lamina and heterochromatin are adjacent to the inner nuclear membrane. The protein encoded by CBX3 gene binds DNA and is a component of heterochromatin. This protein can also bind to the lamin B receptor, an integral membrane protein found in the inner nuclear membrane. The dual binding functions of the encoded protein may explain the association of heterochromatin with the inner nuclear membrane. This protein binds histone H3 tails methylated at Lys-9 sites. This protein is also recruited to sites of ultraviolet-induced DNA damage and double-strand breaks. Two transcript variants encoding the same protein but differing in the 5' UTR, have been found for CBX3 (provided by RefSeq, Mar 2011).
Goat anti Human CBX3 antibody detects a band of 22 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti CBX3 detects a band of approximately 22 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Goat polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin.
- Peptide sequence C-EAFLNSQKAGKEKD
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000779 condensed chromosome, centromeric region
- GO:0003682 chromatin binding
- GO:0006333 chromatin assembly or disassembly
- GO:0005637 nuclear inner membrane
- GO:0005719 nuclear euchromatin
- GO:0005819 spindle
- GO:0006338 chromatin remodeling
- GO:0006350 transcription
- GO:0016565 general transcriptional repressor activity
- GO:0019899 enzyme binding
- GO:0019904 protein domain specific binding
- GO:0031618 nuclear centromeric heterochromatin
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only.
Applications of CBX3 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||C E P WB||1 ml|