Goat anti Human CBX3 antibody recognizes human chromobox homolog 3 (CBX3), a ~20 kDa protein. It binds histone H3 tails methylated at lysine 9, repressing transcription. CBX3 also interacts with lamin B receptor, forming a functional kinetochore through interaction with MIS12 complex proteins. This dual binding may contribute to the association of heterochromatin with the inner nuclear membrane.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Expected from Sequence Dog Expected from Sequence Mouse Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human CBX3 were raised by repeated immunisations of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.02% Sodium Azide 0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide sequence C-EAFLNSQKAGKEKD corresponding to the C-terminus of CBX (NP_009207.2; NP_057671.2).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Q13185 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CBX3 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000779 condensed chromosome, centromeric region
- GO:0003682 chromatin binding
- GO:0006333 chromatin assembly or disassembly
- GO:0005637 nuclear inner membrane
- GO:0005719 nuclear euchromatin
- GO:0005819 spindle
- GO:0006338 chromatin remodeling
- GO:0006350 transcription
- GO:0016565 general transcriptional repressor activity
- GO:0019899 enzyme binding
- GO:0019904 protein domain specific binding
- GO:0031618 nuclear centromeric heterochromatin
- For research purposes only
Applications of CBX3 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1086 detects a band of approximately 20kDa in A431, Hela and HepG2 cell lysates. A minimum incubation time of 1 hour is recommended with this antibody.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR122F||1 mg||F|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR122P||1 mg||C E WB|
Product Specific References
Ye, Q. & Worman, H.J. (1996) Interaction between an integral protein of the nuclear envelope inner membrane and human chromodomain proteins homologous to Drosophila HP1.
J Biol Chem. 271 (25): 14653-6.