The CBX1 gene encodes a highly conserved nonhistone protein, which is a member of the heterochromatin protein family . The protein is enriched in the heterochromatin and associated with centromeres. The protein has a single N-terminal chromodomain which can bind to histone proteins via methylated lysine residues, and a C-terminal chromo shadow-domain (CSD) which is responsible for the homodimerization and interaction with a number of chromatin-associated nonhistone proteins. The protein may play an important role in the epigenetic control of chromatin structure and gene expression. Several related pseudogenes are located on chromosomes 1, 3, and X. Multiple alternatively spliced variants, encoding the same protein, have been identified (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human CBX1 antibody detects a band of 25 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti CBX1 detects a band of approximately 25 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Synthetic peptide encompassing part of the N terminal region of human CBX1
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000775 chromosome, centromeric region
- GO:0003682 chromatin binding
- GO:0006333 chromatin assembly or disassembly
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0005720 nuclear heterochromatin
- GO:0005819 spindle
- GO:0019899 enzyme binding
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of CBX1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra