Cathepsin B antibody
Cathepsin B is thought to play an increasingly important role in apoptosis and its release from the lysosome under cell stress leads to Bid cleavage, cytochrome C release and nuclear fragmentation.
Cathepsin B is also known as amyloid precursor protein secretase and is involved in the proteolytic processing of amyloid precursor protein (APP). Incomplete processing of APP is thought to be a causative factor in Alzheimer disease.
Over-expression of cathepsin B has been associated with oesophageal adenocarcinoma and other tumours, and has in particular been implicated in tumour invasion and metastasis.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Fluorescein Isothiocyanate Isomer 1 (FITC) - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Highly pure cathepsin B from human placenta.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product is photosensitive and should be protected from light.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0004197 cysteine-type endopeptidase activity
- GO:0005764 lysosome
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0042981 regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0042470 melanosome
- GO:0050790 regulation of catalytic activity
- For research purposes only
Applications of Cathepsin B antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra