Cathepsin B antibody
Cathepsin B is thought to play an increasingly important role in apoptosis and its release from the lysosome under cell stress leads to Bid cleavage, cytochrome C release and nuclear fragmentation.
Cathepsin B is also known as amyloid precursor protein secretase and is involved in the proteolytic processing of amyloid precursor protein (APP). Incomplete processing of APP is thought to be a causative factor in Alzheimer disease.
Over-expression of cathepsin B has been associated with oesophageal adenocarcinoma and other tumours, and has in particular been implicated in tumour invasion and metastasis.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Fluorescein Isothiocyanate Isomer 1 (FITC) - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Highly pure cathepsin B from human placenta.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. This product is photosensitive and should be protected from light. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0004197 cysteine-type endopeptidase activity
- GO:0005764 lysosome
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0042981 regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0042470 melanosome
- GO:0050790 regulation of catalytic activity
- For research purposes only
Applications of Cathepsin B antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|