Catenin Gamma antibody
Catenin gamma, encoded by the JUP gene, is a major cytoplasmic protein which is the only known constituent common to submembranous plaques of both desmosomes and intermediate junctions. This protein forms distinct complexes with cadherins and desmosomal cadherins and is a member of the catenin family since it contains a distinct repeating amino acid motif called the armadillo repeat. Mutation in JUP has been associated with Naxos disease. Alternative splicing occurs in JUP; however, not all transcripts have been fully described (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human catenin gamma antibody detects a band of 82 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti catenin gamma detects a band of approximately 82 kDa in A431 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Goat polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3) 0.5 % BSA
- Peptide with the sequence C-GLRPPYPTADHMLA, from the C Terminus of the protein sequence.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000902 cell morphogenesis
- GO:0003136 negative regulation of heart induction by canonical Wnt receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0003181 atrioventricular valve morphogenesis
- GO:0003308 negative regulation of Wnt receptor signaling pathway involved in heart development
- GO:0003704 specific RNA polymerase II transcription factor activity
- GO:0003713 transcription coactivator activity
- GO:0005102 receptor binding
- GO:0005199 structural constituent of cell wall
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005915 zonula adherens
- GO:0005916 fascia adherens
- GO:0007016 cytoskeletal anchoring at plasma membrane
- GO:0007369 gastrulation
- GO:0007398 ectoderm development
- GO:0007399 nervous system development
- GO:0009898 internal side of plasma membrane
- GO:0015629 actin cytoskeleton
- GO:0016323 basolateral plasma membrane
- GO:0016331 morphogenesis of embryonic epithelium
- GO:0016342 catenin complex
- GO:0016477 cell migration
- GO:0019901 protein kinase binding
- GO:0019903 protein phosphatase binding
- GO:0030018 Z disc
- GO:0030057 desmosome
- GO:0032993 protein-DNA complex
- GO:0034332 adherens junction organization
- GO:0034747 Axin-APC-beta-catenin-GSK3B complex
- GO:0042153 RPTP-like protein binding
- GO:0042307 positive regulation of protein import into nucleus
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0043588 skin development
- GO:0045294 alpha-catenin binding
- GO:0045296 cadherin binding
- GO:0048599 oocyte development
- GO:0050982 detection of mechanical stimulus
- GO:0051091 positive regulation of transcription factor activity
- GO:0071603 endothelial cell-cell adhesion
- GO:0071665 gamma-catenin-TCF7L2 complex
- GO:0071681 cellular response to indole-3-methanol
- GO:0090263 positive regulation of canonical Wnt receptor signaling pathway
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Catenin Gamma antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||C E P WB||1 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra