Rabbit anti Caspase-7 (N-Terminal) antibody recognizes an epitope within the N-Terminal region (NT) of Caspase-7, a ~35 kDa cysteine protease, otherwise known as ICE-like Apoptotic Protease 3 (ICE-LAP3).
Caspase-7, a member of the ICE/Ced-3 subfamily, is an executioner caspase which undergoes proteolytic cleavage of its precursor to form active p12 and p20 subunits. Evidence that activation of Caspase-7 occurs during cell death induced by the cytokine death receptors Fas/APO-1 and the receptor of tumour necrosis factor (TNFR-1), coupled with the fact that granzyme-B activated Caspase-7 cleaves the nuclear enzyme poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP), suggests an important role for Caspase-7 in both cytokine-mediated and granzyme-B mediated apoptosis pathways.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human Caspase-7 (NT) was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3).
- A 16 amino acid peptide from human Caspase-7 amino-terminus.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
cysteine-type endopeptidase activity
endoplasmic reticulum membrane
cellular component disassembly involved in apoptosis
induction of apoptosis by intracellular signals
activation of caspase activity by cytochrome c
release of cytochrome c from mitochondria
induction of apoptosis
response to UV
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Caspase-7 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Skeletal muscle.
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti human caspase-7 antibody detects a band of approximately 30kDa in human skeletal muscle cell lysate.
Copyright © 2022 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Duan, H. et al. (1996) ICE-LAP3, a novel mammalian homologue of the Caenorhabditis elegans cell death protein Ced-3 is activated during Fas- and tumor necrosis factor-induced apoptosis.
J Biol Chem. 271 (3): 1621-5.
Juan, T.S. et al. (1997) Identification and mapping of Casp7, a cysteine protease resembling CPP32 beta, interleukin-1 beta converting enzyme, and CED-3.
Genomics. 40 (1): 86-93.
Cohen, G.M. (1997) Caspases: the executioners of apoptosis.
Biochem J. 326 ( Pt 1): 1-16.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra