Rabbit anti Human Cspase-14 antibody recognizes the C-terminal (CT) region of human caspase-14; a ~27 kDa cysteine protease which is activated by zymogen processing during cellular differentiation. It is highly expressed by keratinocytes and trophoblast cells of the placenta, with lower expression in the choroid plexus, the pigmented layer of the retina, and hair follicles.
Expression of the caspase-14 gene has recently been identified in epithelial tumours, including cervical and bladder carcinoma. The biological function of caspase-14 in tumour and normal tissue remains to be classified.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to Caspase-14 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- A 16 amino acid peptide from near the carboxy-terminus of human Caspase-14.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
cysteine-type endopeptidase activity
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Caspase-14 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1175 detects a band of approximately 27kDa in Jurkat cell lysates.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available