Rabbit anti Human carboxypeptidase H antibody recognises carboxypeptidase H also known as carboxypeptidase E, enkephalin convertase, CPH and CPE.
Carboxypeptidase H functions to remove residual C-terminal arginine or lysine residues remaining after initial endoprotease cleavage during prohormone processing. Carboxypeptidase H may be found in secretory granules of the pancreatic islets, adrenal gland and pituitary gland.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Serum - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to carboxypeptidase H were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Synthetic peptide derived from the C-terminus of carboxypeptidase H, conjugated to KLH.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
cardiac left ventricle morphogenesis
protein modification process
neuropeptide signaling pathway
zinc ion binding
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Carboxypeptidase H antibody
|Immunohistology - Frozen
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Adrenal gland
Copyright © 2022 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra