CALCA gene encodes the peptide hormones calcitonin, calcitonin gene-related peptide and katacalcin by tissue-specific alternative RNA splicing of the gene transcripts and cleavage of inactive precursor proteins. Calcitonin is involved in calcium regulation and acts to regulate phosphorus metabolism. Calcitonin gene-related peptide functions as a vasodilator while katacalcin is a calcium-lowering peptide. Multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for CALCA (provided by RefSeq, Nov 2009).
Rabbit anti Human calcitonin antibody detects a band of 17 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti calcitonin detects a band of approximately 17 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3).
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acid 104-132 of human calcitonin
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0002548 monocyte chemotaxis
- GO:0005179 hormone activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0007566 embryo implantation
- GO:0016481 negative regulation of transcription
- GO:0031716 calcitonin receptor binding
- GO:0032147 activation of protein kinase activity
- GO:0045762 positive regulation of adenylate cyclase activity
- GO:0045779 negative regulation of bone resorption
- GO:0051482 elevation of cytosolic calcium ion concentration involved in G-protein signaling coupled to IP3 second messenger
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only.
Applications of Calcitonin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra