Complement component 5 is the initiator of the effector terminal phase of the complement system. C5 convertase cleaves C5 into C5a, a potent anaphylatoxin, and C5b, ultimately resulting in the formation of the multimeric membrane attack complex (MAC) together with the other components of the terminal pathway (C5b-C9) (Noris et al. 2013).
Sheep anti human polyclonal antibody gives a single arc when tested by immunoelectrophoresis (IEP) against human plasma. The identity has been confirmed by double diffusion against fresh human plasma and a known anti human C5.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Ig fraction - liquid
- Ig fraction prepared by ion exchange chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Glycine buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3) 0.1% E-amino-n-caproic acid (EACA) 0.01% Benzamidine 1 mM ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA)
- Human C5, purified from plasma.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000187 activation of MAPK activity
- GO:0004866 endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005579 membrane attack complex
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006935 chemotaxis
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0006957 complement activation, alternative pathway
- GO:0006958 complement activation, classical pathway
- GO:0007186 G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
- GO:0008009 chemokine activity
- GO:0019835 cytolysis
- GO:0010575 positive regulation vascular endothelial growth factor production
- GO:0010760 negative regulation of macrophage chemotaxis
- GO:0090197 positive regulation of chemokine secretion
- For research purposes only
Applications of C5 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin||1/100|
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Sheep IgG (H/L):Biotin||5184-2304||C E F WB||1.5 ml|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:DyLight®488||STAR88D488GA||F IF||0.1 mg|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:FITC||STAR88F||C||1 mg|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||C E P WB||1 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra