Sheep anti Human C5
- Product Type
- Polyclonal Antibody
- Polyclonal IgG
|Sheep anti human C5 polyclonal antibody recognizes complement component 5 (C5), a member of the complement system. The complement system consists of a tightly regulated network of proteins. Its activation leads to a sequential cascade of enzymatic reactions, resulting in opsonisation of the pathogens and their removal by phagocytes, as well as cell lysis. Three pathways have been described, the antibody-dependent pathway (classical pathway), the alternative pathway and the lectin activation pathway (Ehrnthaller 2011, Nesargikar 2012). The complement system plays a critical role in both innate and adaptive immune responses. It is also involved in tissue regeneration, tumor growth and some human pathologies (Sarma 2011).
Complement component 5 is the initiator of the effector terminal phase of the complement system. C5 convertase cleaves C5 into C5a, a potent anaphylatoxin, and C5b, ultimately resulting in the formation of the multimeric membrane attack complex (MAC) together with the other components of the terminal pathway (C5b-C9) (Noris 2013).
Sheep anti human polyclonal antibody gives a single arc when tested by immunoelectrophoresis (IEP) against human plasma. The identity has been confirmed by double diffusion against fresh human plasma and a known anti human C5.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Ig fraction - liquid
- Ig fraction prepared by ion exchange chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Glycine buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3) 0.1% E-amino-n-caproic acid (EACA) 0.01% Benzamidine 1 mM ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA)
- Human C5, purified from plasma.
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed for 12 months from the date of despatch or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin||1/100|
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Sheep IgG (H/L):Biotin||5184-2304||C E F WB||1.5 ml||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Sheep IgG (H/L):Biotin|
- Complement Component 5
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000187 activation of MAPK activity
- GO:0004866 endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005579 membrane attack complex
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006935 chemotaxis
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0006957 complement activation, alternative pathway
- GO:0006958 complement activation, classical pathway
- GO:0007186 G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0008009 chemokine activity
- GO:0019835 cytolysis
- GO:0010575 positive regulation vascular endothelial growth factor production
- GO:0010760 negative regulation of macrophage chemotaxis
- GO:0090197 positive regulation of chemokine secretion
If you cannot find the batch/lot you are looking for please contact our technical support team for assistance.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up