The protein encoded by MYC gene is a multifunctional, nuclear phosphoprotein that plays a role in cell cycle progression, apoptosis and cellular transformation. It functions as a transcription factor that regulates transcription of specific target genes. Mutations, overexpression, rearrangement and translocation of MYC have been associated with a variety of hematopoietic tumors, leukemias and lymphomas, including Burkitt lymphoma (BL). There is evidence to show that alternative translation initiations from an upstream, in-frame non-AUG (CUG) and a downstream AUG start site result in the production of two isoforms with distinct N-termini. The synthesis of non-AUG initiated protein is suppressed in Burkitt's lymphomas, suggesting its importance in the normal function of MYC (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human c-Myc antibody detects a band of 65 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti c-Myc detects a band of approximately 65 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide directed towards the N terminal region of human c-Myc
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only.
Applications of c-Myc antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra