Rabbit anti Human BRCC36 antibody
recognizes human BRCA1/BRCA2 complex subunit 36 (BRCC36), a 36.7 kDa nuclear protein.
BRCC36, together with BRCA1, BRCA2, Rad51 and BRCC45, forms a holoenzyme complex that possesses an ubiquitin E3 ligase activity.
BRCC36 functions in enhancing cellular survival following DNA damage and that it is essential for ionizing radiation induced BRCA1 phosphorylation and nuclear foci formation and BRCC36 is aberrantly expressed in the majority of breast tumors indicating a potential role in the pathogenesis of the disease. BRCC36 could be a potentially important target in the treatment of radiation-resistant breast tumors (Chen et al. 2004
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human BRCC36 was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- An 18 amino acid peptide from near the amino terminus of human BRCC36.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of BRCC36 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1484 detects a band of approximately 36kDa in MCF7 cell lysates.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Dong, Y. et al. (2003) Regulation of BRCC, a holoenzyme complex containing BRCA1 and BRCA2, by a signalosome-like subunit and its role in DNA repair.
Mol Cell. 12 (5): 1087-99.
Chen, X. et al. (2006) BRCC36 is essential for ionizing radiation-induced BRCA1 phosphorylation and nuclear foci formation.
Cancer Res. 66:5039-46.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra