Rabbit anti Human BRCA2 antibody recognizes human Breast Cancer Type 2 susceptibility protein (BRCA2), a tumour-suppressor protein reported to be involved in double-strand break repair, homologous recombination and S-phase checkpoint activation.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Expected from Sequence Rat Expected from Sequence Horse Expected from Sequence Cat Expected from Sequence Chimpanzee Expected from Sequence Rhesus Monkey Expected from Sequence Dog Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 2587 - 2601 of the human BRCA2 precursor, conjugated to Keyhole Limpet Haemocyanin.
Peptide sequence: LIPSNDGKAGKEEFY
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 5.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P51587 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- BRCA2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000724 double-strand break repair via homologous recombination
- GO:0002020 protease binding
- GO:0003697 single-stranded DNA binding
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0030141 stored secretory granule
- GO:0005813 centrosome
- GO:0006289 nucleotide-excision repair
- GO:0007090 regulation of S phase of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0010484 H3 histone acetyltransferase activity
- GO:0010485 H4 histone acetyltransferase activity
- GO:0016563 transcription activator activity
- GO:0033205 cell cycle cytokinesis
- GO:0033593 BRCA2-MAGE-D1 complex
- GO:0033600 negative regulation of mammary gland epithelial cell proliferation
- GO:0043015 gamma-tubulin binding
- GO:0043966 histone H3 acetylation
- GO:0043967 histone H4 acetylation
- GO:0045893 positive regulation of transcription, DNA-dependent
- GO:0051298 centrosome duplication
- For research purposes only
Applications of BRCA2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/25||1/100|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Biotin||2AB02B||1 ml||C E P WB|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):Biotin||STAR121B||1 mg||E WB|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR121F||1 mg||F|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR121P||1 mg||E WB|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR124P||1 mg||C E WB|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:FITC||STAR34B||1 mg||C F|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:RPE||STAR35A||1 ml||F|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®488||STAR36D488GA||0.1 mg||F IF WB|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®549||STAR36D549GA||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®649||STAR36D649GA||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®680||STAR36D680GA||0.1 mg||F IF WB|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Dylight®800||STAR36D800GA||0.1 mg||F IF WB|