Rabbit anti Human BMP-2 antibody recognizes human bone morphogenetic protein 2 (BMP-2), a secreted peptide that induces cartilage and bone formation.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Vertebrates Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino acids 1 - 14 (QAKHKQRKRLKSSC) of human BMP-2 conjugated to Keyhole limpet Haemocyanin.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 5.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody.
Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P12643 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- BMP2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0001649 osteoblast differentiation
- GO:0001938 positive regulation of endothelial cell proliferation
- GO:0003130 BMP signaling pathway involved in heart induction
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005160 transforming growth factor beta receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0040007 growth
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0010552 positive regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0010553 negative regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0010862 positive regulation of pathway-restricted SMAD protein phosphorylation
- GO:0010922 positive regulation of phosphatase activity
- GO:0016362 activin receptor activity, type II
- GO:0016563 transcription activator activity
- GO:0016566 specific transcriptional repressor activity
- GO:0019211 phosphatase activator activity
- GO:0030501 positive regulation of bone mineralization
- GO:0035051 cardiac cell differentiation
- GO:0035630 bone mineralization involved in bone maturation
- GO:0043065 positive regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0045669 positive regulation of osteoblast differentiation
- GO:0045786 negative regulation of cell cycle
- GO:0046332 SMAD binding
- GO:0046982 protein heterodimerization activity
- GO:0051216 cartilage development
- GO:0060317 cardiac epithelial to mesenchymal transition
- GO:0060389 pathway-restricted SMAD protein phosphorylation
- GO:0060395 SMAD protein signal transduction
- GO:0061036 positive regulation of cartilage development
- GO:0070700 BMP receptor binding
- For research purposes only
Applications of BMP-2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Biotin||2AB02B||1 ml||C E P WB|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):Biotin||STAR121B||1 mg||E WB|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR121F||1 mg||F|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR121P||1 mg||E WB|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR124P||1 mg||C E WB|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:FITC||STAR34B||1 mg||C F|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:RPE||STAR35A||1 ml||F|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®488||STAR36D488GA||0.1 mg||F IF WB|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®549||STAR36D549GA||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®649||STAR36D649GA||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®680||STAR36D680GA||0.1 mg||F IF WB|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Dylight®800||STAR36D800GA||0.1 mg||F IF WB|