Rabbit anti Human Bim antibody recognizes human Bcl-2 interacting mediator of cell death (Bim), also known as Bod.
Bim is a pro-apoptotic protein within the Bcl-2 family, which functions within the intrinsic apotosis pathway. Bim is known to interact with pro-survival proteins including Bcl-2, Bcl-XL and Bcl-w.
Bim is expressed in a variety of cell types, where it is maintained in an inactive conformation by phosphorylation or through binding to the microtubule-associated dynein motor complex. Upon certain apoptotic stimuli, Bim is released from microtubules and mediates caspase-dependent apoptosis.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
||Expected from Sequence
||Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human Bim were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 22 to 40 of human Bim.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of BIM antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP933 detects a band of approximately 22kDa in K562 and A549 whole cell lysates.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Application Based External Images
Immunohistology - Paraffin
Product Specific References
References for BIM antibody
Shin, S.H. et al. (2015) Differential Protein Expression in Congenital and Acquired Cholesteatomas.
PLoS One. 10 (9): e0137011.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra