BID contains a BH3 domain, required for its interaction with the Bcl-2 family proteins and for its pro-death activity. BID is susceptible to proteolytic cleavage by caspases, calpains, Granzyme B and cathepsins. Protease-cleaved BID translocates to mitochondria where it results in cytochrome c release, leading to caspase activation and cell death. This constitutes the activation of the mitochondria death pathway (the intrinsic pathway) by the death stimuli.
BID has been shown to promote cell cycle progression into S phase, whilst BID could be also involved in the maintenance of genomic stability by engaging at mitosis checkpoint. Deletion of BID inhibits carcinogenesis in the liver, and promotes tumorigenesis in the myeloid cells.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to BID (CT) were raised by repeated immunisations of goat with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3) 0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide with sequence C-TYVRSLARNGMD from the C-terminus of BID.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001836 release of cytochrome c from mitochondria
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005123 death receptor binding
- GO:0005624 membrane fraction
- GO:0005741 mitochondrial outer membrane
- GO:0008625 induction of apoptosis via death domain receptors
- GO:0008629 induction of apoptosis by intracellular signals
- GO:0008633 activation of pro-apoptotic gene products
- GO:0051402 neuron apoptosis
- For research purposes only
Applications of BID antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- AHP1073 detects bands of approximately 26kDa and 24kDa in A431 cell lysates.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR122F||F||1 mg|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR122P||C E WB||1 mg|
Product Specific References
References for BID antibody
Yin, X.M. (2006) Bid, a BH3-only multi-functional molecule, is at the cross road of life and death.
Gene. 369: 7-19.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra