Filter by Application:WB Reset
|Goat anti Human BID antibody detects an epitope within the C-terminus of BID, a death agonist that heterodimerizes with other members of the Bcl-2 family of cell death regulators; including the agonist BAX or antagonist BCL2.
BID contains a BH3 domain, required for its interaction with the Bcl-2 family proteins and for its pro-death activity. BID is susceptible to proteolytic cleavage by caspases, calpains, Granzyme B and cathepsins. Protease-cleaved BID translocates to mitochondria where it results in cytochrome c release, leading to caspase activation and cell death. This constitutes the activation of the mitochondria death pathway (the intrinsic pathway) by the death stimuli.
BID has been shown to promote cell cycle progression into S phase, whilst BID could be also involved in the maintenance of genomic stability by engaging at mitosis checkpoint. Deletion of BID inhibits carcinogenesis in the liver, and promotes tumorigenesis in the myeloid cells.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to BID (CT) were raised by repeated immunisations of goat with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3) 0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide with sequence C-TYVRSLARNGMD from the C-terminus of BID.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- AHP1073 detects bands of approximately 26kDa and 24kDa in A431 cell lysates.
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR122F||F||1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR122P||C E WB||1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP|
References for BID antibody
Yin, X.M. (2006) Bid, a BH3-only multi-functional molecule, is at the cross road of life and death.
Gene. 369: 7-19.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001836 release of cytochrome c from mitochondria
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005123 death receptor binding
- GO:0005624 membrane fraction
- GO:0005741 mitochondrial outer membrane
- GO:0008625 induction of apoptosis via death domain receptors
- GO:0008629 induction of apoptosis by intracellular signals
- GO:0008633 activation of pro-apoptotic gene products
- GO:0051402 neuron apoptosis
- View More GO Terms
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up