Beta Arrestin-2 antibody
Goat anti Human beta arrestin-2 antibody recognises human beta arrestin-2, a 409 amino acid ~45 kDa scaffold protein and member of the arrestin family, highly expressed in the central nervous system. Beta-arrestin-2 plays a role in regulating agonist-mediated G-protein coupled receptor (GPCR) signaling, through receptor desensitization and internalization. Beta-arrestin-2 may function in the regulation of synaptic receptors, and in scaffold-linking GPCRs to JNK3, thereby enhancing the GPCR-mediated activation of JNK3, associated with cell apoptosis.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Expected from Sequence Rat Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human Beta arrestin-2 was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Synthetic peptide sequence C-HDHIPLPRPQS from the internal region of the ARRB2 near the C-terminus (aa 350-360) as indicated in UniProt entry: P32121.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P32121 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- ARRB2 Related reagents
- For research purposes only
Applications of Beta Arrestin-2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP2038 detects a band of approximately 45kDa in human brain, skin and spleen cell lysates.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)