The protein encoded by the Bcl-6 gene is a zinc finger transcription factor and contains an N-terminal POZ domain. This protein acts as a sequence-specific repressor of transcription, and has been shown to modulate the transcription of START-dependent IL-4 responses of B cells. This protein can interact with a variety of POZ-containing proteins that function as transcriptional corepressors. Bcl-6 is found to be frequently translocated and hyper-mutated in diffuse large-cell lymphoma (DLCL), and may be involved in the pathogenesis of DLCL. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different protein isoforms have been found for Bcl-6 (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human Bcl-6 protein antibody detects a band of 98 kDa. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti Bcl-6 detects a band of approximately 98 kDa in Ramos cell lysate
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH-conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to aa 364-395 of human Bcl-6
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000060 protein import into nucleus, translocation
- GO:0000122 negative regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0002634 regulation of germinal center formation
- GO:0002903 negative regulation of B cell apoptosis
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006974 response to DNA damage stimulus
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0016564 transcription repressor activity
- GO:0030308 negative regulation of cell growth
- GO:0043065 positive regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0043565 sequence-specific DNA binding
- GO:0045749 negative regulation of S phase of mitotic cell cycle
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Bcl-6 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra