Rabbit anti BAP31
BAP31 antibody recognizes B cell receptor-associated protein 31, also known as BCR-associated protein 31, 6C6-AG tumor-associated antigen, protein CDM or p28. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
BAP31 appears to be a multi-functional ER-associated transport protein which was originally identified through its association with membrane IgD in B-cells (Adachi et al. 1996). Several proteins have since been shown to associate with BAP31, including the Beta2 integrin receptor CD11b/CD18 (Zen et al. 2004), non-muscle gamma-actin and myosin B heavy chain (Ducret et al. 2003). BAP31 has become a focus area for apoptosis studies due to its association with Bcl-2 and cleavage by initiator caspases including caspase 1 and 8 generating a membrane-integrated p20 fragment which is itself a potent inducer of apoptosis when expressed ectopically (Breckenridge et al. 2003).
Rabbit anti Human BAP31 antibody detects BAP31 as a band of approximately 24 kDa in a wide range of human cell line lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti BAP31 detects a band of approximately 24 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- 17 amino acid peptide located near human BAP31 C-terminus.
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P51572 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- BCAP31 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0016192 vesicle-mediated transport
- GO:0005102 receptor binding
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0005789 endoplasmic reticulum membrane
- GO:0006886 intracellular protein transport
- GO:0006921 cellular component disassembly involved in apoptosis
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0033116 ER-Golgi intermediate compartment membrane
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of BAP31 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.