BAP31 appears to be a multi-functional ER-associated transport protein which was originally identified through its association with membrane IgD in B-cells (Adachi et al. 1996). Several proteins have since been shown to associate with BAP31, including the Beta2 integrin receptor CD11b/CD18 (Zen et al. 2004), non-muscle gamma-actin and myosin B heavy chain (Ducret et al. 2003). BAP31 has become a focus area for apoptosis studies due to its association with Bcl-2 and cleavage by initiator caspases including caspase 1 and 8 generating a membrane-integrated p20 fragment which is itself a potent inducer of apoptosis when expressed ectopically (Breckenridge et al. 2003).
Rabbit anti Human BAP31 antibody detects BAP31 as a band of approximately 24 kDa in a wide range of human cell line lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti BAP31 detects a band of approximately 24 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- 17 amino acid peptide located near human BAP31 C-terminus.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0016192 vesicle-mediated transport
- GO:0005102 receptor binding
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0005789 endoplasmic reticulum membrane
- GO:0006886 intracellular protein transport
- GO:0006921 cellular component disassembly involved in apoptosis
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0033116 ER-Golgi intermediate compartment membrane
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of BAP31 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra