ATG5 is an essential protein involved in the autophagy process and conjugates to ATG12.
ATG5 may play an important role in apoptosis where it is expressed late in the apoptotic process downstream of caspase activity.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Zebrafish Expected from Sequence Bovine Expected from Sequence Pig Expected from Sequence Rat Expected from Sequence Mouse Expected from Sequence Fish Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to ATG5 were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.05% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide sequence corresponding to a region between amino acids 1-50 of human ATG5 - conjugated to KLH.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.5mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000045 autophagic vacuole assembly
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0005776 autophagic vacuole
- GO:0032480 negative regulation of type I interferon production
- GO:0034045 pre-autophagosomal structure membrane
- GO:0043687 post-translational protein modification
- For research purposes only
Applications of ATG5 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin||5ug/ml|
- This product does not require protein digestion pre-treatment of paraffin sections. This product does not require antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human kidney
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Antigen Retrieval Buffer, pH8.0||BUF025A||P||500 ml|
|100x Antigen Retrieval Buffer, pH8.0||BUF025C||P||50 ml|
|TidyBlot Western Blot Detection Reagent:HRP||STAR209P||WB*||0.5 ml|
|Histar Detection System||STAR3000A||C P||50 Tests|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra