Rabbit anti Human ATG4A antibody recognises human ATG4A (Autophagy-related protein 4 homolog A), otherwise known as APG4A/Cysteine protease ATG4A, a cytosolic cysteine protease and member of the peptidase C54 family, predominantly expressed in skeletal muscle and brain, which plays a central role in the cleavage of the C-Terminal region of the target proteins GABARAPL2, MAP1LC3 or GABARAP during autophagy.
Rabbit anti Human ATG4A antibody (AHP2220) has been shown to be suitable for use in immunoprecipitation using HEK-293T cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
||Expected from Sequence
||Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human ATG4A was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 100-114 of human ATG4A. The corresponding sequence differs by 2 amino acids in mouse and rat.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of ATG4A antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available