ATG16 is a member of the autophagy protein family and forms a complex with the ATG5-ATG12 conjugate. This multimeric protein has been shown to be essential for autophagosome formation in both yeast and mammals and targets the ATG5-ATG12 complex to the autophagic isolation membrane during the formation of the autophagosome. Because mammalian ATG16 has seven WD-repeats in its C-Terminal domain, it has been suggested that these may form a platform for further protein-protein interactions.
Multiple isoforms of ATG16 exist.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human ATG16 was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to an 18 aa sequence from near the centre of human ATG16.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000045 autophagic vacuole assembly
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005776 autophagic vacuole
- GO:0015031 protein transport
- GO:0034045 pre-autophagosomal structure membrane
- GO:0051260 protein homooligomerization
- For research purposes only
Applications of ATG16 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
- Western Blotting
- AHP1894 detects a band of approximately 75 kDa in HeLa cell lysate.