ATG12, a member of the autophagy protein family, forms a conjugate with ATG5; this conjugate has a ubiquitin-protein ligase (E3)-like activity for protein lipidation in autophagy. This conjugate also associates with innate immune response proteins such as RIG-I and VISA, inhibiting type I interferon production and permitting viral replication in host cells. ATG12 has also been shown to interact with ATG10 in human embryonic kidney cells in the presence of ATG7.
There are at least two isoforms of ATG12.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human ATG12 was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to a 16 aa sequence from near the amino terminus of human ATG12.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000045 autophagic vacuole assembly
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0032480 negative regulation of type I interferon production
- GO:0034045 pre-autophagosomal structure membrane
- GO:0005624 membrane fraction
- GO:0005625 soluble fraction
- GO:0043234 protein complex
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- For research purposes only
Applications of ATG12 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||2.5ug/ml|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human brain
- Western Blotting
- AHP1892 detects a band of approximately 40 kDa in human brain tissue lysate.
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|TidyBlot Western Blot Detection Reagent:HRP||STAR209P||WB*||0.5 ml|
|Histar Detection System||STAR3000A||C P||50 Tests|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra