Encoded by the ATF6 gene, this protein is a transcription factor that activates target genes for the unfolded protein response (UPR) during endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress. Although it is a transcription factor, ATF6 is unusual in that it is synthesized as a transmembrane protein that is embedded in the ER. It functions as an ER stress sensor/transducer, and following ER stress-induced proteolysis, it functions as a nuclear transcription factor via a cis-acting ER stress response element (ERSE) that is present in the promoters of genes encoding ER chaperones. ATF6 has been identified as a survival factor for quiescent but not proliferative squamous carcinoma cells. There have been conflicting reports about the association of polymorphisms in ATF6 with diabetes in different populations, but another polymorphism has been associated with increased plasma cholesterol levels. ATF6 is also thought to be a potential therapeutic target for cystic fibrosis (provided by RefSeq, Aug 2011).
Goat anti Human ATF6 antibody detects a band of 84 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti ATF6 detects a band of approximately 84 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Goat polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3) 0.5 % BSA
- Peptide with the sequence C-NSYRYDHSVSNDK, from the internal region of the protein sequence
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000139 Golgi membrane
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0003702 RNA polymerase II transcription factor activity
- GO:0003713 transcription coactivator activity
- GO:0006457 protein folding
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005635 nuclear envelope
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0005789 endoplasmic reticulum membrane
- GO:0006990 positive regulation of gene-specific transcription involved in unfolded protein response
- GO:0043565 sequence-specific DNA binding
- GO:0046983 protein dimerization activity
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of ATF6 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||C E P WB||1 ml|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra