ATF2 (pSer490/pSer498) antibody
The ATF2 gene encodes a transcription factor that is a member of the leucine zipper family of DNA-binding proteins. This protein binds to the cAMP-responsive element (CRE), an octameric palindrome. The protein forms a homodimer or heterodimer with c-Jun and stimulates CRE-dependent transcription. Several studies implicate abnormal activation of ATF-2 in growth and progression of mammalian skin tumors.
ATF2 may mediate oncogenesis caused by mutant Ras protein and regulate maintenance of the aggressive cancer phenotype of some types of epithelial cells. ATF2 has also been shown to be phosphorylated by ATM at Serine 490 and 498 in humans. The serine phosphorylated forms play a role in mediating DNA repair and in response to DNA damage induced by ionizing radiation (IR).
ATF2 exhibits histone acetyltransferase (HAT) activity and has been reported to specifically acetylate histones H2B and H4 in vitro. In concert with CUL3 and RBX1, ATF2 promotes the degradation of KAT5 thereby attenuating its ability to acetylate and activate ATM. This protein can also elicit oncogenic or tumor suppressor activities depending on the tissue or cell type.
In response to stress stimuli, ATF2 activates a variety of gene targets that are involved in oncogenesis, and has been correlated with maintenance of a cancer cell phenotype. Inhibiting ATF2 impedes melanoma development and elicits tumor suppressorfunction. To act as a tumor suppressor, ATF2 must localize at the mitochondria and phosphorylation at Thr52 by PKCε regulates this translocation.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to ATF2 (pSer490/pSer498) was raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity purification via sequential chromatography on phospho- and dephospho-peptide affinity columns
- Buffer Solution
- HEPES buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Phosphopeptide corresponding to amino acid residues surrounding the phospho-Ser490/Ser498 region of human ATF2
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0002755 MyD88-dependent toll-like receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0002756 MyD88-independent toll-like receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0003702 RNA polymerase II transcription factor activity
- GO:0003713 transcription coactivator activity
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0008063 Toll signaling pathway
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0034130 toll-like receptor 1 signaling pathway
- GO:0034134 toll-like receptor 2 signaling pathway
- GO:0034138 toll-like receptor 3 signaling pathway
- GO:0034142 toll-like receptor 4 signaling pathway
- GO:0043565 sequence-specific DNA binding
- GO:0045087 innate immune response
- GO:0046983 protein dimerization activity
- GO:0051090 regulation of transcription factor activity
- GO:0051403 stress-activated MAPK cascade
- For research purposes only
Applications of ATF2 (pSer490/pSer498) antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti Human ATF2 detects a band of approximately 74 kDa in human melanoma cell lysates after treatment with the radiomimetic drug NCS
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):Biotin||STAR121B||E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR121F||F||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR121P||E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR124P||C E WB||1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:FITC||STAR34B||C F||1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:RPE||STAR35A||F||1 ml|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®488||STAR36D488GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®680||STAR36D680GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Dylight®800||STAR36D800GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra