ASK1 (pSer83) antibody
Rabbit anti ASK1 (pSer83) antibody recognizes apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 (ASK1), also known as mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase 5 (MAP3K5) and MAPK/ERK kinase kinase 5 (MEKK 5), when phosphorylated at serine 83. ASK1 is a serine/threonine kinase that plays an important role in the apoptotic response to various stimuli including oxidative stress, cytokines (e.g. TNF) and endoplasmic reticulum stress. Akt in conjunction to Hsp90 phosphorylates ASK1 at serine 83 to inhibit ASK1 induced apoptosis.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to ASK1 (pSER83) were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by ion exchange chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.01% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH conjugated peptide corresponding to amino acids 76-87 of human ASK-1 protein.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 2.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Q99683 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- MAP3K5 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000287 magnesium ion binding
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0004709 MAP kinase kinase kinase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0007257 activation of JUN kinase activity
- GO:0008624 induction of apoptosis by extracellular signals
- GO:0008656 caspase activator activity
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- For research purposes only
Applications of ASK1 (pSer83) antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Western Blotting 1||1/1,000|
- 1For the detection of phosphoproteins, tyrosine phosphatase inhibitors such as 1mM Sodium Orthovanadate should be added to the sample buffer. Milk or other casein-based blocking solutions are not recommended as casein is a phosphoprotein and its use can result in high background.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1242 detects a band of approximately 155kDa in SW1353 cell lysates.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Biotin||2AB02B||1 ml||C E P WB|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):Biotin||STAR121B||1 mg||E WB|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR121F||1 mg||F|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR121P||1 mg||E WB|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR124P||1 mg||C E WB|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:FITC||STAR34B||1 mg||C F|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:RPE||STAR35A||1 ml||F|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®488||STAR36D488GA||0.1 mg||F IF WB|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®549||STAR36D549GA||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®649||STAR36D649GA||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®680||STAR36D680GA||0.1 mg||F IF WB|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Dylight®800||STAR36D800GA||0.1 mg||F IF WB|
Product Specific References
Zhang, R. et al. (2005) Hsp90-Akt phosphorylates ASK1 and inhibits ASK1-mediated apoptosis.
Oncogene. 24: 3954-3963.
Hayakawa, T. et al. (2006) The ASK1-MAP kinase pathways in immune and stress responses.
Microbes Infect. 8: 1098-1107.
Takeda, K. et al. (2003) Roles of MAPKKK ASK1 in stress-induced cell death.
Cell Struct. Funct. 28: 23-29.