Rabbit anti ASK1 (pSer83) antibody recognizes apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 (ASK1), also known as mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase 5 (MAP3K5) and MAPK/ERK kinase kinase 5 (MEKK 5), when phosphorylated at serine 83. ASK1 is a serine/threonine kinase that plays an important role in the apoptotic response to various stimuli including oxidative stress, cytokines (e.g. TNF) and endoplasmic reticulum stress. Akt in conjunction to Hsp90 phosphorylates ASK1 at serine 83 to inhibit ASK1 induced apoptosis.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to ASK1 (pSER83) were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by ion exchange chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- KLH conjugated peptide corresponding to amino acids 76-87 of human ASK-1 protein.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 2.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
magnesium ion binding
MAP kinase kinase kinase activity
activation of JUN kinase activity
induction of apoptosis by extracellular signals
caspase activator activity
protein homodimerization activity
interspecies interaction between organisms
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of ASK1 (pSer83) antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1242 detects a band of approximately 155kDa in SW1353 cell lysates.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available