Rabbit anti Human ASK1 antibody recognises human ASK1, also known as apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1, MAP kinase kinase kinase or MAPKKK. ASK1 is a ~155 kDa protein belonging to the protein kinase superfamily.
ASK1 is a serine/threonine kinase and plays an important role in the apoptotic response to various stimuli including oxidative stress, cytokines (e.g. TNF) and endoplasmic reticulum stress. Akt in conjunction to Hsp90 phosphorylates ASK1 at Ser83 to inhibit ASK1 induced apoptosis.
ASK1 is widely expressed in a variety of human tissues including the heart and pancreas.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human ASK1 (CT) was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A peptide corresponding to amino acids near the carboxy terminus of human ASK1.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
magnesium ion binding
MAP kinase kinase kinase activity
activation of JUN kinase activity
induction of apoptosis by extracellular signals
caspase activator activity
protein homodimerization activity
interspecies interaction between organisms
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of ASK1 antibody
|Immunohistology - Frozen
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1594 detects a band of approximately 155kDa in SW1353 cell lysates.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Ichijo H., et al (1997) Induction of apoptosis by ASK1, a mammalian MAPKKK that activates SAPK/JNK and p38 signaling pathways.
Wang XS, et al (1996) Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel protein kinase with a catalytic domain homologous to mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase.
J Biol Chem 271:31607-11.
Tobiume, K. et al. (1997) Molecular cloning and characterization of the mouse apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1.
Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 239 (3): 905-10.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra