Members of the Rho (or ARH) protein family (see MIM 165390) and other Ras-related small GTP-binding proteins (see MIM 179520) are involved in diverse cellular events, including cell signaling, proliferation, cytoskeletal organization, and secretion. The GTP-binding proteins are active only in the GTP-bound state. At least 3 classes of proteins tightly regulate cycling between the GTP-bound and GDP-bound states: GTPase-activating proteins (GAPs), guanine nucleotide-releasing factors (GRFs), and GDP-dissociation inhibitors (GDIs). The GDIs, including ARHGDIB, decrease the rate of GDP dissociation from Ras-like GTPases (Scherle et al. 1993).
Rabbit anti Human ARHGDIB antibody detects a band of 27 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti ARHGDIB detects a band of approximately 27 kDa in THP-1 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered glycine
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- Recombinant protein encompassing part of the middle region of human ARHGDIB
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0030036 actin cytoskeleton organization
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005094 Rho GDP-dissociation inhibitor activity
- GO:0005096 GTPase activator activity
- GO:0005856 cytoskeleton
- GO:0006928 cellular component movement
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0007162 negative regulation of cell adhesion
- GO:0007266 Rho protein signal transduction
- GO:0007275 multicellular organismal development
- GO:0016023 cytoplasmic membrane-bounded vesicle
- GO:0051056 regulation of small GTPase mediated signal transduction
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of Arhgdib antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|