N-alpha-acetylation is among the most common post-translational protein modifications in eukaryotic cells. This process involves the transfer of an acetyl group from acetyl-coenzyme A to the alpha-amino group on a nascent polypeptide and is essential for normal cell function. The ARD1A gene encodes an N-terminal acetyltransferase that functions as the catalytic subunit of the major amino-terminal acetyltransferase A complex. Mutations in the ARD1A gene are the cause of Ogden syndrome. Alternate splicing results in multiple transcript variants (provided by RefSeq, Jan 2012).
Rabbit anti Human ARD1A antibody detects a band of 28 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti ARD1A detects a band of approximately 28 kDa in HeLa cell lysate
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to the central region of human ARD1A
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0004596 peptide alpha-N-acetyltransferase activity
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0006323 DNA packaging
- GO:0006474 N-terminal protein amino acid acetylation
- GO:0006475 internal protein amino acid acetylation
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of ARD1A antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra