Apolipoprotein A1 antibody
Goat anti Apolipoprotein A1
Apoa1 antibody recognizes Apolipoprotein A-I, also known as Apo-AI, ApoA-I or Apolipoprotein A1. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Apolipoprotein A1, encoded by the APOA1 gene, is the major protein component of high density lipoprotein (HDL) in plasma. This protein promotes cholesterol efflux from tissues to the liver for excretion. It is a cofactor for lecithin cholesterolacyltransferase (LCAT) which is responsible for the formation of most plasma cholesteryl esters. Apolipoprotein A1 is closely linked with two other apolipoprotein genes on chromosome 11. Defects in apolipoprotein A1 are associated with HDL deficiencies, including Tangier disease, and with systemic non-neuropathic amyloidosis (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti Apolipoprotein A1 detects a band of approximately 28 kDa in human lymph node lysate
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Goat polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3) 0.5 % BSA
- Peptide with the sequence C-DSVTSTFSKLREQ from the internal region of the protein
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- Shelf Life
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P02647 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- APOA1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0001540 beta-amyloid binding
- GO:0002576 platelet degranulation
- GO:0002740 negative regulation of cytokine secretion involved in immune response
- GO:0005543 phospholipid binding
- GO:0005788 endoplasmic reticulum lumen
- GO:0030141 stored secretory granule
- GO:0030139 endocytic vesicle
- GO:0006656 phosphatidylcholine biosynthetic process
- GO:0007186 G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
- GO:0042802 identical protein binding
- GO:0010873 positive regulation of cholesterol esterification
- GO:0010903 negative regulation of very-low-density lipoprotein particle remodeling
- GO:0015485 cholesterol binding
- GO:0050821 protein stabilization
- GO:0017127 cholesterol transporter activity
- GO:0019899 enzyme binding
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0032488 Cdc42 protein signal transduction
- GO:0033344 cholesterol efflux
- GO:0033700 phospholipid efflux
- GO:0034191 apolipoprotein A-I receptor binding
- GO:0034361 very-low-density lipoprotein particle
- GO:0034366 spherical high-density lipoprotein particle
- GO:0034375 high-density lipoprotein particle remodeling
- GO:0034380 high-density lipoprotein particle assembly
- GO:0034384 high-density lipoprotein particle clearance
- GO:0042632 cholesterol homeostasis
- GO:0043691 reverse cholesterol transport
- GO:0050713 negative regulation of interleukin-1 beta secretion
- GO:0051345 positive regulation of hydrolase activity
- GO:0060228 phosphatidylcholine-sterol O-acyltransferase activator activity
- GO:0070508 cholesterol import
- GO:0070653 high-density lipoprotein particle receptor binding
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Apolipoprotein A1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||1 ml||C E P WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.