Rabbit anti Human Annexin I antibody (AHP1921) recognizes human Annexin I (ANXA1), otherwise known as lipocortin I, a calcium-dependent phospholipid-binding protein and member of the annexin family, preferentially expressed on the cytosolic face of the plasma membrane, which acts as an inhibitor of phospholipase A2, and may exhibit anti-inflammatory activity.
Increased expression of the ANXA1 gene in hairy cell leukaemia, can be used in immunohistochemistry as a highly-sensitive diagnostic marker.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human ANXA1 were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- 6xHis-tagged full-length recombinant human ANXA1 (NP_000691.1).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
calcium ion binding
protein binding, bridging
structural molecule activity
calcium-dependent phospholipid binding
lipid metabolic process
cellular component movement
cell surface receptor linked signaling pathway
basolateral plasma membrane
phospholipase A2 inhibitor activity
positive regulation of vesicle fusion
alpha-beta T cell differentiation
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Annexin I antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Colon carcinoma
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra