Rabbit anti androgen receptor antibody recognizes androgen receptor (AR), also known as the dihydrotestosterone receptor or nuclear receptor subfamily 3 group C member 4. Androgen receptor is a member of the steroid and nuclear receptor protein family. Androgen receptor is activated upon ligand binding and functions as a transcription factor transcribing androgen responsive genes.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
||Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to androgen receptor was raised by repeated immunization of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 1-100 of the human androgen receptor.
- Store at -20oC
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
androgen receptor activity
transcription factor binding
zinc ion binding
positive regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
transcription activator activity
regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter by nuclear hormone receptor
protein dimerization activity
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Androgen Receptor antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti androgen receptor antibody detects two isoforms of androgen receptor at approximately 70 kDa and 99 kDa in 22RV-1 cell lysate and mouse tissue lysate under reducing conditions
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available