Rabbit anti Human Androgen Receptor antibody recognizes the human Androgen Receptor (AR) also known as the Dihydrotestosterone receptor or Nuclear receptor subfamily 3 group C member 4. Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) binds with highest affinity to AR and together with testosterone promotes AR transcriptional activity thereby ensuring the development and maintenance of male reproductive functions. AR homodimers recruit a variety of factors including coactivators and mediator proteins whose enzymatic activities promote chromatin remodeling and transcriptional regulation of target genes leading to cell differentiation, survival, and proliferation.
Mutated AR is strongly implicated in development of prostate adenocarcinoma and metastases development. AR mutations can also cause spinal bulbar muscular atrophy (Kennedy disease) and partial/ complete androgen insensitivity.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
||Expected from Sequence
||Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino acids 1242 - 1255 (STEDTAEYSPFKGGYTK) of the native molecule conjugated to Keyhole limpet Haemocyanin.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 5.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
androgen receptor activity
transcription factor binding
zinc ion binding
positive regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
transcription activator activity
regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter by nuclear hormone receptor
protein dimerization activity
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Androgen Receptor antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
- This product does not require protein digestion pre-treatment or antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human Prostate Carcinoma
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available