Amyloid Precursor Protein antibody
Only the APP-751 and APP-770 isoforms contain a KPI domain, it being absent from the APP-695 isoform that is most abundant in neuronal tissue. However, there is evidence that suggests KPI containing isoforms may be important in the pathogenesis of Alzheimer disease.
Rabbit anti Human Amyloid Precursor Protein antibody recognizes a band of ~115kDa in NTera2/DI cell lysates using western blotting under reducing conditions.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Monkey
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Serum - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human APP were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen.
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.02% Sodium Azide
- Synthetic peptide composed of amino acids 292-312 from the KPI domain of human APP.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
Applications of Amyloid Precursor Protein antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/400|
|Immunoprecipitation 2||Neat, 5ul/ml|
|Western Blotting 3||1/500||1/1000|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin embedded sections. 0.05M Tris pH7.0, followed by reduction and alkylation is recommended (Campbell et al. 1999).
- 2 This product requires sample reduction and alkylation prior to immunoprecipitation.
- 3 Antigen detection may be enhanced following reduction and alkylation of the sample prior to blocking and antibody incubation.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Alzheimer's disease brain.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):Biotin||STAR121B||E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR121F||F||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR121P||E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR124P||C E WB||1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:FITC||STAR34B||C F||1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:RPE||STAR35A||F||1 ml|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®488||STAR36D488GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®680||STAR36D680GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Dylight®800||STAR36D800GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
Product Specific References
References for Amyloid Precursor Protein antibody
Campbell, E. et al. (1999) Methods to uncover an antibody epitope in the KPI domain of Alzheimer's amyloid precursor protein for immunohistochemistry in human brain.
J Neurosci Methods. 93 (2): 133-8.
Jelic, V. et al. (2013) Abnormal Platelet Amyloid-β Protein Precursor (AβPP) Metabolism in Alzheimer's Disease: Identification and Characterization of a New AβPP Isoform as Potential Biomarker
J Alzheimers Dis. 35: 285-95.