Rabbit anti Human amyloid precursor protein antibody recognises all forms of human amyloid precursor protein. Rabbit anti Human amyloid precursor protein antibody (>AHP664) does not recognise bovine APP and is therefore of value in detecting human APP in cultures containing bovine serum.
APP exists in a number of isoforms. APP(695) is predominant in neuronal tissue, whilst APP(751) dominates elsewhere.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Serum - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human APP were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Amyloid Precursor Protein antibody
|Western Blotting 2
- 1 Reduction and alkylation required.
- 2 Reduction and alkylation required.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Amyloid Precursor Protein antibody
Schregel, K. et al. (2012) Demyelination reduces brain parenchymal stiffness quantified in vivo by magnetic resonance elastography.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 109: 6650-5.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra